- White Silicone: a continuous tubing made of high-temperature resistant silicone rubber. This particular silicone tubing is a soft durometer that makes it comfortable on the skin. The gumminess makes it especially grippy on the skin. Silicone is the grippiest, most durable, and longest lasting grip material. It can be easily wiped down to keep your grip fresh and clean. This grip is grippiest when clean and dry. Depending on the environment and person, occasional wipe downs to remove any moisture may be required.
- Black EPDM: a synthetic black rubber grip that is durable, grippy, and padded. In comparison to silicone, it is better at retaining grip in moist conditions. This makes it more suitable for consistently moist and humid conditions compared to silicone. EPDM becomes more grippy with use and ages like a fine wine. It has a slight tendency to leave black residue on skin which can be cleaned with soap and water.
- Total length is highly a preference but as a general rule of thumb most people prefer their staff to be at chin height or sometimes a bit lower towards upper chest height. The most common staff length is 60″ as this tends to be between chin height and chest height for the average population. Longer staffs are a bit heavier and have more grip area while shorter staffs are a bit lighter and can be spun faster. We recommend longer staffs relative to your height because of the larger amount of fire on these staffs.
- Staff flowers slow down the rolling speed of the staff by flaring out when the staff is in motion. This helps control the movements of the staff when rolling on your body during contact moves. They also add some additional weight near the ends of the staff. Contact moves are best done with staffs that have weight concentrated in the ends of the staff rather than the center.
- Aluminum 7075 Core
- OD of 7075 core: 3/4″
- Total OD (grip type depending): About 7/8″
- Overall weight highly depends on length, grip type, and if you use flowers. Weight will generally veer around 2.5-3 pounds.
- Kevlar-fiberglass blend rope wick
Includes 2 x Wick Covers
Improper use of any props can potentially affect your warranty.
Please be sure to fully read this page and the following links for more information